I am in the scheule C and I can not find where to enter form 1099-K. Does any one know where I need to enter this at in Proseries Basic 2012??
Form 1099Ks are still being issued. I've received several for both myself and clients this year. You are not required to report the income separately for tax year 2012.
, Arrgh, Matey!All Star
You don't enter that info separately. Period. It is to be included in gross income.
Thanks I tried the Where do I enter but didn't give me anything.. Thanks Tilt I figured that it would be included with gross sales but was not sure if needed to be entered like a 1099-Misc.
People come to Accountants Community for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:
- Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
- Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
- Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
- Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
- Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.