Please follow these instructions to back up your data in order to prevent any delays in the conversion process.
Modules Accepted for Conversion:
- Individual (1040)
- Partnership (1065)
- Corporation (1120)
- S-Corporation (1120S)
Back up clients in ProSeries:Calculate all clients, and remove locks and passwords before beginning the backup process.
- Create a new folder on your C: drive named ConversionData before you begin the backup process (e.g., C:\ConversionData).
- Open ProSeries and set the HomeBase View to the module you want to back up, or to All Tax Returns if you wish to submit all tax types.
- Press and hold [Ctrl] while clicking the clients you want to select for backup OR on the HomeBase menu, click Select All to select all clients.
- On the File menu, click Client File Maintenance, then click Copy / Backup.
- In the Copy / Backup Client Files dialog box, click Set Target Directory.
- Set the target directory to C:\ConversionData.
- Click Backup Client(s).
to view the files that have been backed up. A valid ProSeries backup contains files with extensions of .17i
, or .17s
. You will have one file for every client you are submitting. (Your computer settings may hide the extensions, however the icons should appear to be ProSeries files.)