Please follow these instructions to back up your data in order to prevent any delays in the conversion process.
Modules Accepted for Conversion:
Back up clients in TaxAct:Calculate all clients, remove locks/passwords,
made on forms which create new input fields (i.e., input fields that do not exist on forms by default) before beginning the backup process.
- Create a new folder on your C: drive named ConversionData before you begin the backup process (e.g., C:\ConversionData).
- Browse to the installation directory of your TaxAct program. The default location is: C:\TaxACT\TaxACT 2017 Preparer's Edition\.
- Open the Client Data folder.
- Highlight all files ending with .ta7. (Your computer settings may be hiding extensions, so the files may appear with the client name and have a Tax ACT icon.)
- Right-click and choose Copy.
- Browse to C:\ConversionData.
- Right-click and choose Paste.
to view the files that have been backed up. A valid TaxACT backup contains files with an extension of .ta7
. You will have one file for every client you are submitting.