Please follow these instructions on backing up your data for the Intuit conversion process.
Modules Accepted for Conversion:
Back up clients in CrossLink:Remove locks and passwords from clients before beginning the backup process.
- Create a new folder on your C: drive named ConversionData before you begin the backup process (e.g., C:\ConversionData).
- Open the CrossLink 2018 program.
- From the WIP (Work in Progress) screen, choose Utility > System Utilities.
- Click Reset Encryption Key and click Run Utility.
- Change Encryption Key to "000". (Without the key, we cannot access the backup data - using a predefined key ensures we can decrypt it.)
- From the WIP, under Other Items, click Backup Returns.
- On the Backup Returns screen, click Select All to highlight all returns, or select individual returns by checking the boxes next to them.
- Click Backup. You will be prompted when you have successfully backed up your returns. Click Close.
- Browse to C:\xlink18 using My Computer or Windows Explorer.
- Locate the file that begins with ar18 or bk18. Sorting the files by name or date can help you locate it, the file name will include the date of the most recent backup.
- Right-click on the file and choose Copy.
- Browse to C:\ConversionData.
- Right-click in an empty space and choose Paste.
to view the files that have been backed up. A valid CrossLink backup contains a file that begins with ar18