What is the Detail/Form Split View or Dual Monitor?
How do I use the Detail/Form Split View?
How do I close the Detail/Form Split View?
Click on the Video below to watch a tutorial on using the Detail/Form Split function.
The Detail/Form Split function allows you to enter data in the detail input screen and allows you to view the forms simultaneously. When entering data in the detail input screens you will be able to see the updated calculations on the viewed forms immediately, without having to access the Forms tab. This is especially useful when running "what if?" scenarios, where it is desirable to see how a return is affected by specific entries (i.e., entering an IRA or SEP contribution).
To Use the Detail/Form Split View:
- Go to the Detail Input Screen.
- Click on View.
- Click on Detail/Form Split View. (This will place a check mark next to the Detail/Form Split to turn the function on in Lacerte)
Once the Detail/Form Split view is selected the screen will show:
- The list of forms on the left, (Note- Only forms that are generating on the Forms tab will appear on the list. If the form is not generating you will need to first generate the form then click on the Detail/Form Split view)
- The Detail Input Screen in the middle, and
- The Forms view on the right.
Note- If you have a smaller screen or Lacerte is not Maximized, the screen will show:
- The list of forms on the left,
- The Detail Input Screen at the top, and
- The Forms view on the bottom.
- Select the applicable Form from the list on the left.
- Enter the applicable data in the Detail Input Screen.
Once you start entering information in the detail input screen the list of forms on the left will disappear. This is so you can have the full benefit of the Detail Input Screen.
To Bring the List of Forms Back to Toggle to a Different Form:
- Click on the Forms tab at the bottom of the screen
- Mouse over to the Form on the right.
- Click on the Forms bar at the top.
To Close the Detail/Forms Split View:
- Click on View.
- Click on Detail/Form Split View.
This should remove the check box next to the Detail/Form Split and turn off the function within Lacerte.