How do I delete, remove, or clear Form 1040X (amended return) from a client file after it has been generated?
Follow these steps to clear an amended return:
- Go to Screen 59, Amended Return (1040X).
- Press Ctrl+W on your keyboard to switch to Batch Mode.
- Click on 59 1040X from the left navigation panel (if not already selected).
- Click on the very first code listed under the Code column. (The first code listed should be 1).
- Press and hold Ctrl+D. All Codes, Amounts, Descriptions... should now be deleted.
- Press Ctrl+W after all codes have been removed to return to Interactive Mode Note: You may also need to do this for the state.
- Click on the state in the left column and repeat steps 2 through 5.
- Click on the Forms tab.
- Verify that Form 1040X is no longer in bold.
Other Articles to Try: