You will need to install the additional tax type module via Web Setup. NOTE: For Tax Years 2004 and prior, the Web Setup option is not available. You will need to download the Lacerte CD for those years or use the final CD.
- Close the Lacerte program.
- In the Windows Search field located in the lower left hand corner, type 20XX Lacerte Web Setup (XX = tax year) Example: 2017 Lacerte Web Setup
- Click the Windows Start menu, most commonly located in the lower left hand corner of the screen.
- Select All Programs/Apps.
- Scroll down to the Lacerte folder.
- Select Lacerte Tax.
- Click 20XX Lacerte Web Setup (XX = tax year)
- The Install Folder and Shared File Path will default to the paths the program is currently using.
- Click Next
- Select the state(s) you need to install.
- Click Next
- Click Install to begin the installation.
- When the installation is complete, start the program from the desktop icon.
Accessing Lacerte Web Setup via the Start menu will not be possible in some versions of Windows 8 due to changes in how the Start menu/screen works. You will have to search for the Lacerte Web Setup executable file to be able to run the setup and install the modules/states you desire:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key and R to open the Run prompt.
- Type (or copy and paste) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Lacerte Shared\websetup??.exe" (where ?? is the two-digit tax year, like websetup17.exe); note the use of quotation marks around the address, as Windows will not be able to find the file if those are excluded.
- Click OK and proceed with the installation as normal. (Solution #1, Step 6)