The Document Management System (DMS) application may become non-responsive while scanning documents. The DMS program is not able to be closed normally and any unsaved scanned documents may appear corrupted when the DMS Scan window is reopened.
Follow these steps to resolve:
- Close the DMS application.
- Click the Windows Start button.
- In the Search box type %temp% and press Enter.
- Right-click on the DMSTemp folder and choose Delete.
- Open the DMS application again and attempt to scan the documents again.
If the issue persists, then attempt to scan the documents outside the DMS program by using the scanner software provided by the manufacturer of the scanner. If the documents are unable to be scanned, then it may be necessary to reinstall the scanner driver files. Please refer to the documentation provided by the manufacturer of the scanner.
If the documents are able to be scanned using the scanner software provided by the manufacturer of the scanner, then is may be necessary to reinstall the DMS software. Please click the link below to refer to the steps to perform the Repair install for DMS.