When selecting to create and email an encrypted PDF in ProSeries, the items selected to be included in the PDF will be emailed to the taxpayer's email address entered on the Federal Information Worksheet in the Federal tax return. The email will be delivered to the taxpayer using the preparer's email address entered in the ProSeries Options under Firm/Preparer Information. The encrypted PDF file will be created with an automatically generated password created from information in the tax return. The email the taxpayer receives will contain a brief set of instructions explain how to determine the the password that must be used to open the encrypted PDF attachment. The password cannot be manually set and the tax payer will need to know the information described in the included instructions in order to view the tax return.
Before you start:
- If you encounter an issue in ProSeries for Tax Year 2018:
- Feature only supported by specific fully MAPI-compliant email clients.
Using the Email Password protected PDF feature:
- Open ProSeries
- Open the taxpayer's return
- Click on the File menu (1) and select Print (2) to open the ProSeries Print Center
- Choose the Email password protected PDF radio button (1) in the ProSeries Print Center
- Click the Print button (2).
- Click the Save button (1) to save the PDF file
- The review and modify the email in Email Preview screen and then click the E-Mail button (4) to send the email with the attached encrypted PDF file to the taxpayer.
Note: Changes to the email template can be saved for all clients by clicking the Save for All Clients button (1). The email template can be reset by selecting the Restore Default Text button (2). Click the Preview PDF button (3) to preview the PDF that will be attached to the taxpayer's email.
- Click the Close button (1) to close the ProSeries Printing Message Log.
- A copy of the Password-protected PDF that is emailed will be copied to the ProPDF folder on your computer's hard drive under the corresponding tax year in a folder named "Emailed". This default location will be C:PROPDFTY18Emailed for ProSeries Professional 2018 .
- To use the Email Password-protected PDF feature, you must also have a 32-bit, ExtendedMAPI-Compliant, e-mail client application. SimpleMAPI-compliant e-mail clients may not function correctly.
- Outlook 2007 or later and Thunderbird1
- All 64-bit versions of Outlook, Outlook Express, and Windows Mail are not supported by Email Password Protected PDF, the ProSeries Client Checklist, nor DMS.
- All web-based versions of Outlook, Outlook Express or Windows Mail are not supported by Email Password Protected PDF, the ProSeries Client Checklist, nor DMS.
- All webmail services (such as Outlook.com, Outlook 365, Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc...) are not email client program install on the local computer and are therefore not supported.
Note: If you are using a webmail service, you may be able to configure it for access through the MAPI email client installed in Windows. Our support agents cannot assist with setup of your e-mail application. Please contact your local IT professional for further assistance.
Important Change in ProSeries 2019
The PDF in the Cloud functionality, or the ability to Upload a PDF and email a link to your customers, has been discontinued. This feature will no longer be an available option in ProSeries.
Our product teams continuously work to identify the features that matter the most to our customer so that we can focus more on improving the most used features. The option to upload PDFs and email a link saw very limited usage and went unused by the majority of ProSeries users. However, The functionality to email password protected PDFs as an e-mail attachment will remain within the program.
We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you.