The Intuit ProConnect Lacerte Update Scheduler is a way to automatically download updates from Lacerte.
- Schedule a specific time for the program to download updates, and see the dates and times when the program found updates.
- When enabled the Update Scheduler runs in the background of your computer, periodically checking for updates to selected Lacerte products.
- Ensure the most up-to-date Lacerte products are installed on your computer throughout the year, without interruption to your normal workflow.
- If updates are available, they are automatically downloaded and will be installed the next time the Lacerte program is opened.
- Once the updates are downloaded you will be prompted to install them the next time you open Lacerte.
Update Scheduler vs Update Notification:
The Update Scheduler is different than the Lacerte Update Notification settings found in the Options > Setup tab.
The Lacerte Update Notification setting found in the Lacerte Options only notifies you of available updates when you open or switch tax types. The updates will not be downloaded until the user initiates the download. For more information on the Lacerte Update Notification setting, click here.
Note: In a network environment, the Update Scheduler only needs to be enabled on one computer.
Launch the Update Scheduler:
Follow these steps to schedule a time and date for update checks:
- Double click the icon in the System Tray.
- On the Schedule tab.
- If you want the program to check for updates for you, verify the Automatically download current year updates box is selected.
- Select when you want the program to check for updates. The options are:
- Daily - Recommended for stand-alone and small networks
- Weekly - Recommended for larger networks
- Monthly - Not recommended.
- In the Time box, click the arrows to select the time of day during which you want the program to check for updates. This should be at the end of the day as to not disrupt productivity.
- Click the Options tab and verify Starts when Windows Starts is checked.
- Check the current year product, and check the two prior year products.
- Click the Close button when selections are complete.
The program will automatically check for updates based on the settings you set. If there are updates, the Update Scheduler will download them in the background. Once the download is complete, the update will get installed the next time you open the program.
Follow these steps to turn off the Update Scheduler:
- Double click the icon in the System Tray, and then click the Options tab.
- To turn off the Update Scheduler, clear the Start when Windows starts check box.
- When asked if you are sure that you want to turn off this program, click OK.
- Click Close.
- Then right-click on the icon in the System Tray and click Exit.