Follow these steps to merge duplicate clients:If you are a QBOA user and your clients are attached to any third-party app (BILL.com, eBility etc.), we do not recommend using the merge tool as this may affect the connection with the third-party app and your client.
Follow these steps to merge duplicate clients:
- Sign in to ProConnect Tax Online.
- Click the Gear Icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Under Tools, select Convert Data.
- On your Data dashboard, you'll see a list of conversions you've submitted, and the status of each conversion.
- If the conversion status is Completed with duplicates found, click on View duplicates to continue.
- You'll see a list of converted clients that we suspect may be duplicates.
- Click Review on any client to view details.
- A Resolve duplicate clients window will appear, where you can compare the client data that was converted to the data already in your client list.
- On the left, you'll see the data converted from another program.
- On the right, you'll see an existing client that we think may be a duplicate.
- If multiple clients with matching information are found, click Select a client to view a list.
- Compare the client information. If the client isn't a duplicate, select Save as new client.
- Ensure the information on the screen is correct.
- Click Confirm to create the new client.
- If the clients are duplicates, select Preview merge clients to continue.
- Use the radio buttons to select which client information you want to keep.
- Click the Next button at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Verify the client information is correct as it appears here.
- Click Confirm to merge the clients.
- Repeat steps 7-15 for any clients listed as suspected duplicates.
- Select Done to return to your Tax Returns list.
ProConnect Tax Online Conversion Information
What's new for 2018 ProConnect Tax Online?
Register Your EFIN With Tax Online