ProConnect Tax Online now offers a tax planning tool that allows you to give your 1040 and Schedule C clients tax liability data based on anticipated future year federal taxes. You can use the Tax Planner to project the tax implications for future years of different scenarios and life changes to help your clients plan ahead. Tax plans can be created for any client with an existing 2017 or 2018 individual return. This article will be updated periodically as new features are released. If you’d like to get updates and information on Tax Planner, click here to subscribe.
- Ability to edit taxpayer's filing status
- Add or remove dependents
Tax Planner Features
- Multi-year comparisons (up to three years)
- Build multiple case scenarios (up to three scenarios per year)
- Calculations based on actual current and future federal tax reform rates
- Plans pre-populate based on your client's current year tax return
- Import diagnostics
- Built-in notes
- Export plan summary to PDF
- Rental income currently cannot be entered or changed in a tax plan.
- State tax plans are not supported at this time.
Video Demonstration & Feedback
- For a demonstration of the Tax Planner, watch this video.
- We value your comments and recommendations to help us make our products better. From inside the Tax Planner, click Submit Feedback at the top right of your screen to let us know what you think.