Description:Starting with Tax Year 2015, the ProSeries Basic Edition software includes a feature to email password protected PDFs of the clients return directly to your clients. 1
Simply select Send PDF on the ProSeries Basic Print interface. ProSeries will create a password protected PDF file of the items to be printed and email this file to the client's email address entered on the Information Worksheet in the Federal return. The email will be delivered to your client's email using your email address and will contain a brief set of instructions concerning the password to be used when opening the encrypted PDF attachment.
To ensure security of the encrypted PDF file, ProSeries assigns a password when the file is created using common information known by your client.
Using the Send PDF feature:
- Within the client's return, go to Print.
- Using the tabs at the top of the Print interface screen, select the copy of the return you wish to email
- Click the Send PDF button located at the bottom of the screen.
- Save the PDF file in the default folder when prompted. The default folder will be "C:\ProPDF\TY20XX\Emailed"
- The Email Preview window will automatically open and display a preview of the actual email that will be sent to your client. Make any customizations here.
- When making changes to the template, you can save your changes for all clients by clicking Save for All Clients or you can proceed with the email without your saving changes-the changes will only be reflected in this one client email.
- When all changes to the email are complete and you have reviewed the tax return PDF (when appropriate), select Email to deliver the message and PDF file to your client.
- Set Default Email Program
- For Intuit ProConnect ProSeries Professional Edition please see Create and Email Password Protected PDF Files Using ProSeries Professional
- A copy of the Password-protected PDF that is emailed will be copied to the ProPDF folder on your computer's hard drive under the corresponding tax year in a folder named "Emailed". This default location will be C:\PROPDF\TY20XX\Emailed\.
- To use the Email Password-protected PDF feature, you must have a 32-bit Mail Application Programming Interface (MAPI) compliant e-mail application.
- Outlook 2007 or later, Thunderbird.
- All 64-bit versions of Outlook, Outlook Express, and Windows Mail are not supported by Email Password Protected PDF, the ProSeries Client Checklist, nor DMS.
- All web-based versions of Outlook, Outlook Express or Windows Mail are not supported by Email Password Protected PDF, the ProSeries Client Checklist, nor DMS.
- All webmail services (such as Outlook.com, Outlook 365, Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc...) are not email client programs installed on the local computer, and therefore are not supported.
1 Feature only supported by specific Extended MAPI-compliant email clients. see the Additional Information section for more information.