How do I enter amounts from Form 1099-G?
To enter amounts from a Form 1099-G, Certain Government Payments, follow the steps below:
  1.  Navigate to Screen 14.2 State Refund & Unemployment Comp., etc.
  2.  Select the appropriate Form 1099-G on the left panel or click Add to create a new activity
  3.  Enter the Name of Payer and General information
  4.  Enter the amounts from Form 1099-G depending on type of payment such as unemployment compensation or state and local income tax refunds
  5.  Complete these steps for each Form 1099-G received

Additional entries:

  • Box 4 Federal Income Tax Withheld - Enter the amount of federal income tax withheld from box 4 of Form 1099-G in Federal Income Tax Withheld (4) (code 6). The amount will be included as withholding in the payments section of Form 1040.
  • Box 5 ATAA/RTAA payments - Enter the amount ATAA payments reported on Form 1099-G box 5 in AATA payments (5) (code 25). The amount entered is included on the other income line of Form 1040
  • Form 1099-G may also be used for payments received on Commodity Credit Corporation (CCC) loans.



Additional Articles Related to the Form 1099-G:

Entering Taxable Grants From Form 1099-G Box 6

Entering Agriculture Payments from Form 1099-G Box 7

(PFL) Paid Family Leave on Form 1099-G for California