How do I setup the return to pay the Federal estimates electronically?
- Go to Screen 3, Misc. Info./Direct Deposit.
- Scroll down to the Direct Deposit of Refund/Electronic Payment section.
- Check the box, Electronic Payment of Estimated Tax.
- Enter the bank account information under the Financial Institution subsection.
- Federal Estimates can only be paid with the e-filed 1040 return.
- Paper filed 1040 returns must mail the estimate vouchers Form 1040-ES.
- The Federal Estimate payment information will be sent when you e-file the Federal return. The estimate payment information is not included with the filing of the extension.
- The E-File Estimated Payments Wizard available in the e-file menu is only available for select Federal and State returns. For a complete list see Using the E-file Estimated Payment Wizard
- Lacerte has no records of whether or not electronic payments of estimated taxes are being withdrawn. To find out or cancel a payment, call the IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537 to inquire about or cancel your payment, but please wait 7 to 10 days after your return was accepted before calling. See the IRS Pay Taxes by Electronic Funds Withdrawal under the Cancellation, Errors, and Questions section for more information