Modules Accepted for Conversion:
- Individual (1040)
- Partnership (1065)
- Corporation (1120)
- S Corporation (1120S)
- Fiduciary (1041)
Back up clients in Lacerte:
Calculate all clients and remove locks and passwords before beginning the backup process.
- Create a new folder on your C: drive named ConversionData before you begin the backup process (e.g., C:\ConversionData).
- Open Lacerte.
Note: Please repeat the steps below for each tax type you wish to submit for conversion.
- Click the Client menu, Tax Type, and select the tax type you wish to back up.
- On the Client Tab, press and hold [Ctrl], then click each client you want to back up - OR - press F3, select All Clients and then click OK.
- On the Client menu, click Backup.
- In the Backup Clients dialog box, enter the Destination: C:\ConversionData.
- Click OK to begin the backup process.
to view the files that have been backed up. A valid Lacerte backup looks like a Lacerte database directory and contains the following for each tax type:
- 8 Database files with name starting with DATA and ending in .DBF.
- 8 Database files with names starting with DATA and ending in .MDX.
- For example, for Individual, you will see DATA1I17.DBF through DATA8I17.DBF and a corresponding MDX for each. For Corporate it will be DATA1C17 through DATA8C17. It is OK to back up all clients into the same folder, as the file names differentiate by tax type.
- Several folders, including DETAIL.
- Within the DETAIL folder, one file for each client backed up, with an extension of .?D7, where the ? represents the tax type.
A valid backup must contain the entire file and folder structure, the conversion process will not work if we receive only detail files.