Modules Accepted for Conversion:
- Individual (1040)
- Partnership (1065)
- Corporation (1120)
- S-Corporation (1120S)
Back up clients in ATX:Calculate all clients, remove locks/passwords, AND remove overrides made on forms which create new input fields (i.e., input fields that do not exist on forms by default) before beginning the backup process.
Note: Be sure to roll over all client files from the prior year program. Failure to do so will result in those files returning with a "corrupt" status.
- Create a new folder on your C: drive named ConversionData before you begin the backup process (e.g., C:\ConversionData).
- Open ATX, and in Return Manager, check the box for each return you want to back up.
- OR - To select all clients, on the menu bar, click View, then Show All Returns, then click View, and Mark All Displayed Returns.
- On the menu bar, click Returns, then Export Marked Returns.
- In the Export Marked Returns dialog box, select the Drive and/or Folder for your backup (set the drive path to C:\ConversionData).
- Click OK
- Browse to C:\ProgramData\CCH Small Firm Services\ATX 2017 Server\ATX 2017 Files.
- Please note that C:\ProgramData is a hidden folder. To access this folder, Click Start and type Run in Search Programs and Files and click Enter. Type C:\ProgramData in the Run window and click OK. Navigate to the folder mentioned above.
- Right-click on the FormsetData folder and choose Copy.
- Browse to C:\ConversionData, right-click in an empty space and choose Paste.