Modules Accepted for Conversion:
Back up clients in TaxSlayer:
Calculate all clients, remove locks/passwords,
made on forms which create new input fields (i.e., input fields that do not exist on forms by default) before beginning the backup process.
- Create a new folder on your C: drive named ConversionData before you begin the backup process (e.g., C:\ConversionData).
- Open the TaxSlayer program and select 7. Configuration.
- Select 5. System / Network Configuration Menu.
- Look at 1. Are You Using a Network?
- If it is YES then note the path in 4. Server Location.
- If NO, then select 0. Exit, then 6. Path Menu, and note the path in 1. Installation Path.
Close the TaxSlayer program.
- Browse to the directory found in step 4 above for your TaxSlayer program. The default location is: C:\TaxSlayer\2017Net.
- Select the DATA folder, right-click and choose Copy.
- Browse to C:\ConversionData.
- Right-click and choose Paste.
to view the files that have been backed up. You should see a
folder, with the same contents as the folders in Step 7 above. The file names inside will be long combinations of letters and numbers.