Modules Accepted for Conversion:
- Individual (1040)
- Partnership (1065)
- Corporation (1120)
- S-Corporation (1120S)
- Fiduciary (1041)
Back up clients in ProSystem fx:Calculate all clients, and remove locks and passwords before beginning the backup process.
- Create a new folder on your C: drive named ConversionData before you begin the backup process (e.g., C:\ConversionData).
- Open the folder ProSystem fx Tax on the desktop and double-click Production Processing.
- Click Calculate Returns, then close Production Processing when it finishes.
- In the same folder, open the Office Manager program.
- Click Backup Client Data.
- In the Create Client List dialog box, select All Clients, then click OK.
- In the Select Clients for Backup window, click the clients you want, then click Add, OR, click Add All to select all clients.
- Click Select Drive.
- In the Select Destination Drive / Directory for Backup dialog box, set the destination to C:\ConversionData.
- Click OK.
- Next, open the ProSystem FX installation folder (usually C:\WFX32). If you cannot locate that folder or are unsure of the installation path, open the folder ProSystem fx Tax on the desktop again, right-click on 2017 Tax Preparation and choose Open file location.
- In that folder, find the file TDExport (or TXExport.exe) right-click and select Run as Administrator.
- In the Select Returns for Export window, you may choose filters for the clients to display or leave every option set to All, then click OK.
- Next, select the clients you want to convert and use Add to move them to the bottom section, or use Add All to move all clients, then press OK.
- In the Export Data window:
- Check the boxes for Interview form data and Calculated data.
- Enter the File Name as conversion.exp
- Enter the path created in step 1: C:\ConversionData
- Press Enter, then click OK to begin exporting data.
- If you receive an error stating Unable to copy temp. export file to %s, click OK
- Open the installation folder found in step 11 of the instructions above
- In that folder, navigate to the tmp folder (default is C:\WFX32\tmp\). Look for a file with an extension of .exp (for example: $$$3d6c.exp). Right-click on that file and choose Copy.
- Navigate back to the C:\ConversionData folder, right-click in an empty spot and choose Paste.
Important: Do not remove the CLNTBKUP.001 file from your backup submission, or add .zip files created from other backups. A valid backup set contains a CLNTBKUP.001 file that is matched to the specific client files that were backed up in that batch. Attempting to combine multiple separate backups into one folder after-the-fact will result in only clients being converted from one of the batches.