How do I quickly find where to enter certain items in a return.
Where do I Enter feature to find where to enter certain items in the return.
For this example we will search where to enter
Alimony Paid in the 1040:
(The "Where Do I Enter" process is the same in a 1065, 1120, and 1120S)
- Click the Where Do I Enter button in the Menu bar. It is the green box with a question mark in the upper right of the screen.
- The Forms/Where Do I Enter window will open.
- Type Alimony Paid in the Search box and click the Search button.
- A Topic list will display on the left, with its corresponding Form name listed on the right.
- Choose the Entry that best fits the client's situation.
- Clicking an Entry will bring you directly to the appropriate form and field, in this case, the Alimony Paid Smart Worksheet on the 1040.
Where Do I Enter button in ProSeries
Where Do I Enter button in ProSeries Basic Edition
To see a video demonstration on this topic, click on the video below.
Where Do I Enter feature which was previously only available in the Federal 1040 and Federal 1065 products, now includes the tax year 2012 Federal 1120 and Federal 1120S (as of March 7th, 2013).