How do I access the Organizer or E-Organizer?
How do I locate or find the Organizer or E-Organizer?
The Organizer and E-Organizer use the prior year client information to base the current year data off of. The Organizer and E-Organizer can only be found in the prior year Lacerte program until the final release of the current year program.
Example: To send your clients Organizers for TY18 based on the TY17 data, you would need to access and print Organizers or send E-Organizers from 2017 Lacerte Tax. The Organizer for 2018 Lacerte Tax will be on the final release of the 2017 program (Proforma/Organizer release).
The 2017 Organizer/Proforma Release (for Tax Year 2018) was made available for download on 10/23/2018:
- The Lacerte Organizer is only supported in the Individual and Fiduciary modules.
- The Lacerte E-Organizer is only supported in the Individual module.
Follow the steps to download the release with the Organizer:
- Select the Tools drop-down menu.
- Select Lacerte Updates.
- Click Apply Updates
Follow these steps to access the Organizer or E-Organizer in Lacerte:
- Open the Prior Year Lacerte program. (for Tax Year 2018, open the 2017 Lacerte Program).
- Click on the Clients tab (to view the list of your clients).
- Click on Tools.
- Click on Organizer.
Document ID: 000030656