Download Next Year's ProSeries Product from within the current year program:
If you are connected to the Internet, you can use the "Download Next Year's ProSeries Product" feature within the ProSeries program to easily initiate the download and install next year's product when it becomes available and based on the auto renewal processing date for the account.
Important!: The Download Next year's ProSeries Product feature requires an active Fast Path subscription be present on the account in order to function. An active Fast Path subscription is added to all accounts when a new year of ProSeries is purchased.
To Download Next Year's ProSeries Product:
- Open most current installed year of the ProSeries program. Note: If you haven't operated this tax year for a while, it is often encouraged to retrieve product updates, before proceeding with Step 2.
- Click the Help menu and select Download Next Year's ProSeries Product (Download Next Year's ProSeries Basic Product for ProSeries Basic customers).
- Review the on-screen instructions. When complete, click OK
- ProSeries will check for the license and active Fast Path subscription. If a license and active Fast Path subscription are found the next year of the ProSeries program will automatically download and begin the install process. It might be necessary to update to the latest version and re license for the Fast Path to show as active in that year.
No Fast Path Subscription Found
If no License is found or if no active Fast Path subscription exists for the next year's ProSeries product on the user's account a dialog box will be displayed indicating:
"You must have next year's ProSeries Fast Path membership in order to download next year's ProSeries. Please click the Activate Fast Path Subscription button to activate next year's Fast Path Subscription"
Verifying Active Fast Path
- Open the most current installed year of the ProSeries program. Example: To verify current Fast Path for the 2017 tax year, open 2016 ProSeries.
- Click the Information menu and chose Product Licenses.
- Review the contents of the Product Licenses screen for a current year Professional or Basic Fast Path.
If no Fast Path subscription is present it may be necessary to re-license the current version of ProSeries and repeat these steps. For further assistance with re-licensing ProSeries please refer to How to License ProSeries Online.
Note: If a Professional or Basic Fast Path is not present or an incorrect version is present and re-licensing has already been successfully completed, please contact Customer Service to correct this license issue if a purchase has already been made or purchase the current year version of ProSeries.
Download Availability Dates
- ProSeries Professional Edition online November 16, 2017.
- ProSeries Basic Edition online December 7, 2017.
Download Next Year's ProSeries program from MyProSeries website (for products you have already purchased)
If you are unable to use the "Download Next Year's ProSeries Product" feature to download your first tax year product, you can manually download your products from within My Account. You must enter your username and password to sign in to My Account. Then click Download 2017 button on the Dashboard.
Install Next Year's program from the ProSeries CDs
If you do not wish to download your tax product as soon as it becomes available online, you can wait and install it from your ProSeries Headstart CD or ProSeries Basic CD when it arrives.
Note: Customers who did not select the "Download Only" option will receive the first CD at no additional cost.
Updating ProSeries after you have installed the Program
After you have installed your first tax year product, you can easily download and install updates and new products from the Update menu within your ProSeries product. Click here for more information on updating ProSeries and installing new products.