As a reminder ProSeries will no longer install on Windows 7 or 32bit versions of Windows. ProSeries is following the lead of Windows, and no longer supporting Windows 7.
- After January 14, 2020, Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or support for PCs running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008.
- ProSeries will no longer support Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, or Windows 32bit operating systems, due to the fact that they are no longer able to install security updates, making the machines susceptible to viruses and data breaches.
- Based on continued performance testing we have increased our minimum memory requirement to 8GB. If you are running ProSeries on a computer with less than 8GB of RAM and you run ProSeries TY18 and TY19 concurrently, you may experience slower performance when opening the program and completing tax returns. To improve performance we recommend upgrading your RAM to 8GB or more.
- To review ProSeries System Requirements click here.
ProSeries will no longer support:
- Windows 7
- Windows 32 Bit Operating Systems
- Windows Server 2008 or older
- Network Attached Storage Devices
ProSeries will support:
- Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- Windows 64 Bit Operating Systems
- Windows Server 2012, 2016, and 2019
Why the change from 32bit to 64bit only
- The change is being made to 64-bit OS because it handles large amounts of RAM more effectively than a 32-bit OS
- Microsoft specifically designs their Operating Systems so that 64-bit OS can run 32-bit software applications.